Located in historic downtown New Freedom, PA. The Hodle as it is now known, was built in 1883 and was originally known as The Colonial Hotel and Tavern. The building originally served as a hotel for the then thriving railroad industry. Which made New Freedom “the place to stay” in that time period. Although no longer a hotel, The Hodle continues in helping New Freedom, PA ,“the place to be.”
The Building has only had a total of three owners over the years. J.A Zeller and his family owned the building from the time it was built in 1883 until 1940, when it was lost in a high stakes poker game and was won by Norris Richard. The building changed hands one more time in the year 2000 and still currently resides under the ownership and management of Denis Bazuine.